Bard AI: A Deep Dive into Chat GPT Competitor
Tech conglomerate Google has unveiled its intentions to introduce an AI-powered chat software named Bard AI, with the aim of competing with the popular ChatGPT.
The tech giant, Google, has declared its aim to introduce an AI-powered chat software, Bard, in order to challenge the popularity of Chat GPT, which has gained a huge following in recent times.
What is Bard AI?
Google Bard AI is an artificial intelligence chatbot developed by Google using its LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications) system. The goal of Bard is to combine the vast knowledge of humans with the robustness and creativity of Google’s massive language models. The chatbot will draw from a wealth of information available on the internet to provide fresh and precise responses. Currently, Bard is undergoing testing and is expected to be released to the public in the near future.
What is Chat GPT?
Chat GPT is a large-scale language generation model that is trained to generate human-like text. It can be fine-tuned for various natural languages processing tasks, such as question answering, translation, and text summarization. GPT is known for its ability to generate coherent and contextually relevant text, but it can also be prone to generating biased or nonsensical text.
Chat GPT vs Google Bard
Although both Google Bard and Chat GPT are language-based AI chatbots, they differ in terms of their design and purpose.
- Bard will obtain information from existing online sources, while Chat GPT’s knowledge is limited to events up until 2021. This allows Bard to provide fresher, up-to-date information, as it will have access to the latest data.
- In addition to being connected with Google’s search engine, Bard will have access to vast amounts of information, giving it a distinct advantage over ChatGPT, which is supported by Microsoft.
- Bard is expected to deliver more accurate data to users compared to Chat GPT, which is prone to factual errors and fabrication.
- Thanks to Google’s extensive data collection, Bard has a superior depth and breadth of information compared to other AI platforms, such as Chat GPT.
- Bard’s objective is to make knowledge more widely accessible by presenting it in a clear and engaging manner, making learning accessible to everyone, including children. In contrast, Chat GPT generates responses to text prompts.
5 Notable points about Bard AI
- The conversational AI chatbot is built upon Google’s LaMDA, a language model for dialogue applications, and has been under construction for several years.
- Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Google, announced in a blog post that Bard AI will undergo testing before being rolled out and made readily accessible in the near future.
- According to the blog post, the software will generate responses by utilizing information from the internet to deliver new and informative answers. Google presents it as a tool for imaginative expression and a platform for inquisitiveness, enabling users to explain recent discoveries from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope to a child or to learn about the top football strikers at present.
- Similar to ChatGPT, Bard’s answers will be obtained from a scaled-down version of its core language model to conserve computing resources and cater to a broader audience.
- However, several news sources have highlighted distinctions between the two technology offerings. Forbes reported that ChatGPT can be accessed as a standalone product and may be available through an API. Conversely, no such information has been disclosed regarding Bard AI. Additionally, ChatGPT is accessible to the general public for free, with a paid alternative named ChatGPT Plus, whereas Bard is currently only being made available to a limited number of trusted testers.
Recommended reading: Samsung F series phone