Chinese Balloon Shot Down by US Fighter Jets Over Atlantic Ocean
US Fighter Jets shot Chinese balloon, this US takes as an intrusion in US airspace. In response to this US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has postponed his planned visit to Beijing. This is being seen as a form of protest against the violation.
What US media stated about “Chinese Balloon”?
According to local US media, three airports were closed in a “national security effort” and a suspected Chinese spy balloon was shot down off the country’s east coast. The balloon, which is estimated to be the size of three buses, had been monitored by the Pentagon and is believed to possess surveillance capabilities.
China has stated that the “airship” flying over the United States is intended for civilian purposes such as meteorological observations and expressed regret over its accidental entry into US airspace.
President Joe Biden released a statement saying “we will take care of it.” The White House and the Pentagon have confirmed that the Chinese balloon does not pose a military or physical threat to the people on the ground.
Recent Update on Chinese Spy Balloon
- According to the Pentagon, a Chinese Spy balloon, estimated to be the size of three buses and equipped with several payloads, has been seen in US airspace for a few days and is believed to have surveillance capabilities.
- China stated that the “airship” flying over the United States is intended for civilian purposes, such as meteorological observations, and expressed regret over its accidental entry into US airspace.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken informed a high-ranking Chinese official that it was “irresponsible” for Beijing to send a surveillance balloon over US soil, explaining the reason for postponing his visit.
- The Pentagon reported on Friday that another Chinese spy balloon was flying over Latin America.
- President Biden promised on Saturday to handle the suspected Chinese spy balloon that was tracked flying across the United States.
- On Saturday, a Chinese balloon was shot down off the east coast of the United States, as reported by American media. President Biden later congratulated the fighter pilots for the successful action.
- During a press conference in Maryland, President Biden praised the aviators who took down the balloon, saying “I want to compliment our aviators who did it.”
- US military fighter aircraft shot down a suspected Chinese spy balloon off the coast of South Carolina on Saturday, bringing an end to the intense situation that highlighted the growing tensions between China and the United States.
- Beijing strongly criticized the Pentagon’s decision to shoot down the alleged balloon that was seen over North America, accusing the United States of overreacting and violating international practices.
Recommended reading: BJP Protest Delhi Liquor Policy